"Let's Talk about Medicines" workshop
These are the topics we’ll discuss:
- Understanding the main parts of a prescription medicine label
- How to read and interpret special instructions on the label.
- Types of containers and labels for solid and liquid medicines.
- Dosage instructions and strategies to remember to take your medications,
- Information about over-the-counter (OTC) meds and how they may interact with other medicines.
- Basic medicine storage techniques and more …
Kari LaScala is the Health Communications Specialist at Wisconsin Health Literacy. She plays an instrumental role in planning, writing, testing and implementing health literacy interventions for various populations in Wisconsin. Prior to joining WHL, Kari worked at the Waunakee Public Library, where she organized and implemented the majority of public programming for adult patrons. She is also a freelance writer, penning feature articles for the Waunakee Tribune and other local newspapers. She holds a B.A. in journalism and psychology from Northern Illinois University and a J.D. from Northern Illinois University College of Law. She practiced law at a legal aid clinic and law firm in Chicago before moving with her family to the Madison area.